I thought a lot about what to cook for dinner. Something sumptuous and filling Mr. A loves spice. I am finally thinking of trying some creamy spicy sausage macaroni.
Creamy Spicy Sausage Macaroni
- Macaroni- 500 gms
- Tomato sauce- 1 or 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil
- Chopped Capsicum- 1 cup
- Chopped Onions- 1 cup
- Grated Carrots- 1 cup
- Garlic- 4 or 5 cloves
- Chilli powder/ chilli flakes- 1 tablespoon
- Chicken Stock- 2 cubes
- Chicken or sausages- 1 cup
- Grated Parmesan- as per taste
For the Sauce
- Flour- 1 and half tablespoon
- Butter- 2 tablespoons
- Milk- 2 cups
- Cheese- 1 cup
- Pepper- 2 tablespoons
- Chicken stock- 1 cube
- For the sauce, melt butter and add the flour. Try to avoid lumps. Add milk, chicken stock and stir constantly to avoid lumps. Add grated cheese and pepper.
- Boil the macaroni in water, 2 tablespoons of oil and chicken stock. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Put olive oil in a pan and saute the onions, garlic, grated carrots and chopped capsicum.
- Add Chilli powder, sausages and salt.
- Pour in the white sauce, add macaroni and mix well.
- Allow to simmer with the lid off for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Take off the heat and check and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Spicy creamy sausage macaroni is ready to be served.