A fortnight ago, we decided to go to Chili’s to have one of Mr. A’s favorite dishes- Classic rib-eyed steak, made even more exciting by their choice of creamy pepper sauce. Rib eye has a wonderful, rich flavour and is very tender with pockets of fat all over the steak.
Seeing him devour his meal, I decided to try this recipe at home.
Preparing steak is one of the simplest tasks. All you need is some beef steak with salt and pepper seasoning. Traditionally, pepper sauce is made using beef stock and wine, but I substituted this with chicken stock.
Easy Pan-Seared Steak and Pepper Sauce
- Beef 250gms
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- Sea salt, to taste
- Season the beef and marinate it for about 15 mins.
- In a skillet, add butter and sear the steak for about 4 mins on either side.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add crushed peppercorns and cook for 20 seconds in bubbling butter.
- Add chopped onions.
- Add stock, wine and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce and cook.
- Add cream and cook for a further 5 minutes for the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve over steak, with mashed potatoes.