In my attempt to have a healthy, nutritious meal with my family, here is a simple one-pot dinner recipe.
- 900 g diced chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 1 finely chopped capsicum
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced cabbage
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 thin sliced onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Marinate chicken pieces in the spices, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook till its about half done.
- Add onion, garlic, veggies and chicken stock. Cover and cook for 25 mins until the chicken is tender.
- Add the couscous. Stir and cook till the liquid absorbed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.