Summer has kicked in.. What better to have than a refreshing Caesar’s salad. This is again Mr. A’s favorite salad. Since I had no mayonnaise in my kitchen, I managed to find my own variation of the recipe, with Cream Cheese. I was skeptical about this variation but the end result was perfect..!
Chicken Ceasar's Salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium romaine lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves
- Parmesan (to sprinkle)
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil. Place pan over a medium heat for a couple of minutes. Lay the chicken on the pan and cook for 4 mins on either sides.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, minced garlic, olive oil. Add one or two tbsp water, if the mix is too thick.
- Cut lettuce into medium pieces and put in a large bowl. Once the chicken cools, cut it into thin, long slices.
- Add most of the dressing and toss the salad. Scatter the croutons, then drizzle with the remaining dressing. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and serve immediately.