August 3- My husband’s birthday.
It was the first time we were together in one place for his birthday, and so, I decided to surprise him with a small family get-together. Amidst all the tension of a successful surprise, happy guests, smiling faces, balloons and a wonderful evening, I managed to COOK. Sure to be a family favorite, I decided to serve Chilli Fish as one of the items on his special day.
Gather round the dining table and feed your family with this fresh, home-cooked dish that serves around four or more. Here is an easy version of this recipe.
- Fish Cubes – 500 gms
- Maida (plain flour) – 4 tbsp
- Cornflour – 4 tbsp
- Green chilli – 3 or 4
- Soya sauce – 2tsp
- Ketchup- 2 tsp
- Spring onion – 3 tsp
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Egg – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate the fish cubes with maida, cornflour, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, chilli powder, salt & egg.
- Keep the marinated mixture for 20-30 mins and thereafter, deep-fry the fish pieces.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil.
- Add garlic- ginger paste, green chilli, capsicum.
- After that add the fish pieces.
- Add soya sauce, tomato ketchup & stir. Add some water, if required.
- Garnish with spring onions.