Chilli Lime Meatballs
- Minced chicken- 500 gms
- Spring onion- finely chopped- 1 cup
- Green Capsicum- finely chopped- 1 cup
- Cilantro- finely chopped-1 cup
- Green Chilli- finely chopped- 3 tsp
- Garlic powder- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- 3 tsp
- Cheddar cheese- 3 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Extra virgin Olive oil- 1 tbsp
For the Simple Guacamole/ Avocado base:
- Avocado- 1
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Finely chop the capsicum, spring onion, cilantro and green chillies. In a mixing bowl, mix minced chicken, spring onion, capsicum, cilantro, garlic powder, cheddar cheese and green chillies. Add the lemon juice and salt, and mix it well
Roll small sized balls of the chicken mix and keep it aside. Freeze it for about 15 mins so that the balls are well set.
In a medium skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, place the balls carefully into the pan, cover the lid and cook for 15 mins on each side. Keep aside, once the meatballs are cooked.
Wash and peel an avocado. Mash it into a pulp. Squeeze 2 tsp of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. The Avocado preparation can be used as an accompaniment. See Tip below.
- Avocados are generally very bland and need external flavoring like salt. In fact, it needs a generous amount of salt. Add salt to the Avocados after measuring the amount of salt that you have already used in the meatballs and as per taste. This is so that you don’t over or under-utilize salt.
- This is a simple Guacamole, more like mashed avocados. The usual and main ingredients of a Guac are missing in action here as we don’t want to take the attention away from the meatballs and maintain the balance of flavors here. We’ll do a separate post on how to make an Guacamole soon! 🙂
Serve it as a starter or convert it into a low carb meal.