If you are a fan of Lamb curries, then here is a simple and delicious dish that you must try out at home. The meat lovers indulge in this dish as it is extremely flavorful and spicy. The Mutton Curry is a dish that is loaded with flavors and has succulent tender meat. It pairs very well with plain steamed rice, all types of Indian bread such as Rotis and Garlic Naan, and even plain bread.
We have used potatoes in this recipe while making this mutton curry, however, you may avoid it if you are not a big fan of having potatoes in your non-vegetarian curries. My personal opinion is to let it be as the potatoes themselves absorb a huge amount of flavor that is let out in the curry when the spices blend in.
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 kg Mutton
- 2 medium Potatoes cubed
- 2 medium Onion sliced
- 1 inch Ginger chopped
- 4 buds Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2½ tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water as required
- Salt as per taste
- Rince the mutton pieces well and keep aside to drain any excess water.
- In a non- stick pan, heat some oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds. Once cumin splutters, add onions and sauté for 5 mins. Then add the chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Now add the diced potatoes and sauté till it turns slightly brown. Remove the potatoes and keep aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the spices (except garam masala) and roast till it leaves a good aroma.
- Now take a pressure cooker and transfer the onion mixture.
- Add the mutton pieces. Add a splash of water.
- Allow it to slowly cook, for about 10-12 whistles or till the mutton pieces are well cooked and coming off the bone easily.