Veg Pizza Rolls are super easy to make and it is packed with mixed vegetables. These rolls are surely a treat for the whole family and can be had as a delicious vegetarian snack, appetizer, or entrée. Moreover, it is not every day that you get to see Pizza in the form of these rolls. Take your favorite veggie pizza toppings, roll them up with cheese, and Voila you have these delicious veggie pizza rolls!
Veg Pizza Rolls
For The Dough
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 2¼ tsp yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Rolls
- ½ cup marinara
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped peppers
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Oregano
Preparing the Dough
- In a small bowl add water and sugar; stir to dissolve, then add yeast and let sit for 10 minutes until frothy.
- In another large bowl, add flour, salt, and oil. Make a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture. Mix well until everything is combined. Knead against the sides of bowl until the dough starts to come together. Then topple the dough onto your work surface and knead, adding a pinch of flour if needed, until it feels elastic, for about 5 minutes. Place in a well greased bowl and cover with a clean dish towel. Let the dough rise in a warm spot until it has doubled in size, for about 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a large rectangle. Spread the marinara sauce upto the edges. Sprinkle the cheese and the remaining toppings, along with the chilli flakes and oregano. Then start rolling the dough into a log from the right or left side, depending on convenience. Cut into 12- 16 evenly sized pieces, about 1 1/2″ wide per piece.
Pizza Roll Time
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a baking pan, lined with parchment paper or dusted with flour, place the pieces, side-up. Cover and let rise again until almost doubled, for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Optional: Sprinkle some more cheese and herbs on top of the rolls.
- Bake until golden, 12 to 16 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy with some garlic butter.