Oranges are in season. Well, here in Bahrain, we are happy to have access to oranges almost 365 days a year. How about whipping up some pancake batter and make some pancakes with a twist? We are going to make Orange Pancakes.
When it comes to increasing your Vitamin C intake, oranges have reigned as a supreme source. Orange Pancakes are not only delicious and packed with fresh flavors but also super-easy and incredibly light. Drizzle some honey or Maple syrup along with a dollop of butter and enjoy your breakfast!
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ½ tsp Orange Zest
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Butter to grease the pan
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well and make sure to avoid all lumps.
- On medium heat, place a non stick pan and grease it with butter.
- Pour 1 ladle of batter on the pan and cook until bubbles appear on top.
- Flip the pancake to cook the other side until golden brown.
- Remove this pan cake on to a plate and repeat for the remaining batter.
- Drizzle with honey, dried cranberries or nuts and serve warm.