The Mexican Chicken Taco Flatbread is part of my flatbread experiments that I have been carrying out over the past few days. I must admit that I have been amusingly surprised at the outcome of the flat-breads. Absolutely light on the stomach, full of flavor, and great space for experimenting with a variety of ingredients.
You may check another Flatbread recipe that I made – Caramelized Onions, Apple and Bacon Flatbread by clicking the link here .
Mexican Chicken Taco Flatbread
- 2 to 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil + additional
- ¾ cup warm water
- 200 grams ball pizza dough
- ½ cup marinara
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup diced cooked chicken seasoned with salt and pepper
- ½ tomato chopped
- ¼ onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 green chilli chopped
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ avocado diced
Preparing the Dough
- Take a small bowl, add sugar to 1/3 cup of warm water. Dissolve the yeast. Wait for around 10 minutes for the yeast to bloom.
- In a large bowl, add all the remaining ingredients of the dough. Make a well in the center and add the yeast. Knead in a smooth dough and keep it aside for 2 hours to double in size.
Assembling and Baking
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the dough to a 12-inch rectangle flat bread. Transfer it to a baking sheet.
- Spread marinara and top with the cheese and chicken.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- To make the pico de gallo, take a small bowl, add chopped onion, tomato, green chilli and cilantro. Squeeze a lime. Stir to combine.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven and allow it to cool for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the pico de gallo and diced avocado.
- Slice and Enjoy.