“Frittatas” are usually an oven-baked dish, but I discovered that there is an easy way to make Frittatas without having to use my oven. Simply cook it on a pan on medium-low heat with a lid on. This got me excited about making Frittatas, a heavy breakfast dish; and you can easily skip your lunch..!
Easy Pan-Frittata with Cheddar and Veggies
- Egg- 6
- Milk- ½ cup
- Finely chopped capsicum- ½ cup
- Sweet Corn kernels – ½ cup
- Finely chopped green chilli- 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped spring onion- ½ cup
- Grated Cheddar Cheese- ½ cup
- Parmesan- ¼ cup
- Ground meat- 1 cup
- Chilli flakes- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Pepper- as per taste
Cook the ground meat in a skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until it is brown. Season with salt and pepper. When the meat is cooked, remove it from the pan, drain on paper towels to remove excess fat. Set aside the mixture to cool.
Simultaneously, in a separate vessel, cook the sweet corn kernels for 15 mins and keep aside.
In a glass or ceramic mixing bowl, thoroughly beat the eggs. Add the milk and stir until combined well. Now, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the cooked meat, chopped capsicum, green chilli, spring onion, sweet corn kernels and chilli flakes into the mixing bowl. Add cheddar and Parmesan cheese and stir the entire mixture well.
Pour the entire mixture into a non-stick pan, cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. The final product would look and feel like a
Slice and Serve. Enjoy a sumptuous and nutritious breakfast.
Tip: 1. Use a fork to check if the egg mixture has cooked.
2. Getting the Frittata out of the pan without breaking it would be a challenge as the weight of the whole dish is considerable. Take a spatula and slowly run it across the edges / circumference of the pan. Use caution and dexterity to slowly slide it into a plate.